Interested research topics:
- Cerebral blood flow and oxygenation (in collaboration with Prof. Frederic Lesage (Ecole Polytechnique de Montreal / Montreal Heat Institute)
- Vascularized engineered constructs
- Blood flow and tissue oxygenation in tumors
- Y. Lu, C. Zhang, X. Lu, M. Moeini, E. Thorin, F. Lesage, Impact of atherosclerotic disease on cerebral microvasculature and tissue oxygenation in awake LDLR-/-hApoB+/+ transgenic mice, Neurophotonics, 2019 (accepted for publication).
- B. Li, X. Lu, M. Moeini, S. Sakadžić, E. Thorin, F. Lesage, Atherosclerosis is associated with a decrease in cerebral microvascular blood flow and tissue oxygenation, PLOS One, 2019, 14(8), e0221547. [Link]
- B. Li, T. Esipova, I. Sencan, K. Kilic, B. Fu, M. Desjardins, M. Moeini, S. Kura, M.A. Yaseen, F. Lesage, L. Østergaard, A. Devor, D.A. Boas, S. Vinogradov, S. Sakadzic, More homogeneous capillary flow and oxygenation in deeper cortical layers correlate with increased oxygen extraction, eLife, 2019, 8, e42299 [Link].
- M. Moeini, X. Lu, S. Bélanger, F. Picard, D. Boas, A. Kakkar, F. Lesage, Cerebral tissue pO2 response to stimulation is preserved with age in awake mice, Neuroscience letters, 2019, 699, 160 [Link1, Link2].
- M. Moeini, X. Lu, P. Avti, R. Damseh, S. Bélanger, F. Picard, D. Boas, A. Kakkar, F. Lesage, Compromised microvascular oxygen delivery increases brain tissue vulnerability with age, Scientific Reports, 2018, 8(1), 8219 [Link].
- C. Zhang, M. Tabatabaei, S. Bélanger, H. Girouard , M. Moeini, X. Lu, F. Lesage, Astrocytic endfoot Ca2+ correlates with parenchymal vessel responses during 4-AP induced epilepsy: An in vivo two-photon lifetime microscopy study. Journal of Cerebral Blood Flow & Metabolism, 2017, 0271678X17725417 [Link].
- C. Zhang, M. Moeini, F. Lesage, Spatial landscape of oxygen in and around microvasculature during epileptic events, Neurophotonics, 2017, 4, 010501 [Link1, Link2].